The Gretsch G2622T Streamliner Center Block with Bigsby is an affordable semi-hollow guitar with some serious rock potential! With its high-output Broad’Tron BT-2S humbuckers and centre block, semi-hollow construction the G2622T Streamliner is packed full of versatility and playability!
Center Block Body
This is the double cut version of Gretsch’s “Center Block” body, which is a laminated maple hollow body with a chambered spruce centre block which cuts down on unwanted feedback whilst maintaining some of the tonal qualities that hollow bodies provide. With a centre block guitar you can benefit from the warmer, more resonant tone provided by the hollow sections but still be able to turn up the gain and rock out!
The neck on the guitar is comfortable to play thanks to a few things. The thin “U” profile neck has rounded shoulders which is great for playing chords and wrapping your thumb around the neck, but the thinner profile makes it less cumbersome than a traditional “U” shape neck. This thinner profile, in combination with the 12” radius fingerboard also makes single note runs a breeze.
Pickups and Hardware
This guitar is loaded with Gretsch’s Broad’Tron BT-2S humbuckers, designed specifically for the Streamliner Collection. These pickups are high output with good low, mid, and high-end response with plenty of clarity in the highs that balances well with the natural warmth of the body. The Broad’Tron BT-2S pickups are well suited for classic country sounds all the way to punchy rock tones.
The Bigsby vibrato tailpiece is another classic Gretsch feature on this guitar. Not only does it look cool, the Bigsby allows you to throw some subtle pitch shifting into your playing.
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 11.5” (292mm)
- Lower Bout: 16” (406mm)
- Waist: 9.75” (248mm)
- Neck: Nato, Thin “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Big Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast, Nickel
- Scale Length: 24.75” (629 mm)
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B70
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Pickups: Broad’Tron™ BT-2S (Bridge),Broad’Tron™ BT-2S (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .010-.046 Gauges