Like all Yamaha saxes the 480S is an extremely well designed and hugely playable horn. It’s medium to bright tone, together with slick key-work and a very free-blowing response make this a smooth and satisfying instrument to work with; easy enough for a raw beginner but offering enough depth and versatility for the more seasoned user.
The brass body is left unlacquered and plated with beautiful bright silver plating. The lack of lacquer does mean occasional cleaning with a silver cloth is required in order to maintain the finish. However, the added layer of resonant precious metal gives more projection and a wonderful extra dimension to the sound.
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Silver plated
• Key Touches: White polyester
• Neck: Yamaha 62 style (upgradeable)
• Engraving: Yamaha hand engraving
• Case: Light but very strong. W/ backpack straps and A4 pocket
• Mouthpiece: Plastic Yamaha 4c
• Made in: Indonesia