For those who have always wanted a Martin guitar, but couldn't stretch to the upper end of the Martin range, now Martin have the 000RS1 - a Martin acoustic guitar with just as much heritage and craftsmanship as a more expensive Martin, but at a fraction of the price.
Don't think that the 000RS1 is anything to do with Martin skimping on their values however. The 000RS1 is made from solid sapele (the top, back & sides) and features a stratabond neck, richlite fingerboard and bone nut. Add in the Fishman Sonitone pickup system and this auditorium acoustic guitar is ready to take to the stage.
In making the 000RS1 Audiortium Acoustic-Electric, Martin guitar set out to build a solid-bodied instrument with all the sound and projection of their more expensive guitars. The 000RS1 was also designed for the working and touring guitarists looking for an instrument with a balanced tone and projection.
The top, back and sides are crafted of solid sapele and braced in a way that gives you increased resonance and projection. This guitar has a comfortable, oval neck, built from multilaminate Stratabond for extra rigidity and durability. The belly bridge and fingerboard are made from Richlite, a material similar in look and feel to ebony.
This 000RS1 comes equipped with the Fishman Sonitone sound system which has controls for volume and tone. The Sonitone is a great-sounding, easy-to-use system that is perfect for stage and studio work. This pickup perfectly captures all the subtly and character of our accoustic playing.... It really is a great piece of equipment and makes sure that wherever you're playing you'll sound your best
Here's what Martin say about the 000RS1 Acoustic Guitar
A great solid-wood Martin at an affordable price. The 000RS1 is the newest addition to the successful Road Series. Constructed with solid sapele and equipped with Fishman Sonitone electronics, this stage-ready Auditorium model produces the perfect blend of volume and balance.
- Model: 000RS1
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sapele
- Rosette: Single Ring
- Top Bracing Pattern: A-Frame "X-1"
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16"
- Back Material: Solid Sapele
- Back Purfling: none
- Side Material: Solid Sapele
- Endpiece: Black Boltaron
- Endpiece Inlay: none
- Binding: none
- Top Inlay Style: none
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: none
- Neck Material: Rust Stratabond
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: White Corian
- Headplate: Solid/Standard Taper
- Heelcap: none
- Fingerboard Material: Black Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16"
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8"
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: 1/8" White Dots
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: Satin
- Finish Top: Satin
- Finish Neck: none
- Bridge Material: Black Richlite
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8"
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed w/Small Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100)
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/Black Dots
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: 330 Hardshell
- Interior Label: Paper Label
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
- Other Options: Available left-handed at no additional charge
- Other Comments: All prices & specifications are subject to change without notice.