"The P Mauriat line of saxophones is now available with rolled tone holes on the PMXA-67R model. Rolled tone holes, a feature of many of the vintage American saxes, offer performers a noticeably quieter key action because the rounded tone holes strike the pads on a slightly broader and rounder surface without digging into the leather of pad as standard tone holes will often do.
This Custom Class 'Vintage Series' alto features dark brushed 'antiqued' lacquer and rolled tone holes. This model has a big full sound and loads of projection. The pads have seamless dome metal resonators.
- PMXA-67R model - vintage American sound
- Dark lacquer, unlacquered or gold-plated finish)
- Brass body and keywork
- Front F mechanism (spatula style)
- High F# key (spatula style)
- Rolled tone holes
- Super Jazz VI neck
- Adjustable metal thumbrest for greater projection
- Distinctive abalone key inlays
- Metal pad resonators
- Detachable, extensively hand-engraved flared bell