Gretsch have added a great new guitar range to their lineup, The Streamliners. Designed to be a great value guitar with everything you need to get a characterful tone and classic look. The G2420 comes in 2 colors, Flagstaff Red and Gold dust.
This single cut guitar has a hollowbody built round a center block that keeps your tuning stable and adds a rich depth to the tone. The bigsby trem lets you get some really nice gentle swells, perfect for jazz and country styles.
These pickups are warm, have great sustain and bring out the best in your playing whether its finger picking or rhythmic strumming you focus on. Each has its own volume control and you can blend the 2 with the tone control and master volume.
Review from Guitar and Bass Magazine:
Nearly impossible to put down once you pick it up and start playing, the G2420T Streamliner Single Cutaway Hollow Body with Bigsby is an astounding take on the classic sound and style you’ve come to expect from Gretsch.
Here's what Gretsch have to say about the Streamliners
In the 50s, the 6189, 6190 and 6191 Streamliners descended directly from the early ‘50s Electromatics. Along with the lower-priced Clipper they were the primary models shoring up the bottom end of the Gretsch line. Today they are great looking, well made guitars with character and style.
- Body Style: Single Cutaway Hollow Body
- Body Depth: 2.75" (70mm)
- Lower Bout: 16" (406mm)
- Top: Laminated Maple
- Back & Sides: Laminated Maple
- Soundholes: Baldwin-Era Small F-Holes
- Binding: White, w/Black Purfling
- Bracing: Parallel Tone Bars
- Finish: Gloss
- Headstock: Bound, Late '50s 6120 Style
- Neck: Nato
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
- Inlays: Big Block Pearloid
- Fretboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Nut: Synthetic Bone, Aged White
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.9 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.75" (629mm)
- Neck Pickup: Gretsch Broad'Tron Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Gretsch Broad'Tron Humbucker
- Controls: 2 vol / 1 tone / 3-way toggle, 1 master vol
- Bridge: Adjust-o-matic on SECURED Rosewood Base
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B60
- Tuning Keys: Sealed Die Cast
- Hardware: Nickel
- Pickguard: Black Plastic 'Jet' style with Gretsch logo
- Knobs: Clear Plastic, Gold Painted Underside
- Strap Buttons: Standard
- Strings: Fender NPS 10-46
- Colours: Flagstaff Sunset, Gold Dust